|1||Cup||Reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated|
|½||Cup||Corn chips, crushed (baked scoops work well)|
|1||Avocado, peeled and sliced|
|¼||Cup||Reduced fat sour cream|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 8 by 12 baking dish.
- Rinse fillets under cold water and pat dry. Lay fillets side by side in prepared baking dish. Pour salsa over the top and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese. Top with crushed corn chips.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until fish is opaque. Serve topped with avocado and sour cream.
• Lean protein, baked
• Salsa makes a great nonfat, healthy sauce
• This is simple and leaves the fish nice and moist.
• Wins approval from my non-fish loving husband.
• Avocados are a source of good fats
• With frozen cod fillets on hand, I usually have the makings for this at any time.