|3||Cups||Chicken breast meat, cooked, cubed|
|½||White onion, chopped|
|2||Cups||2% shredded Mexican cheese|
|1||Cup||Picante sauce or salsa|
|1||Cup||Red enchilada sauce|
|Light sour cream|
|¼||Cup||Fresh cilantro, chopped|
1. Sauté onion in pan prepped with cooking spray until soft
2. Add chicken and salsa and chiles, heat through. Add 1cup cheese. Can prep to this point and refrigerate or freeze.
3. Preheat oven to 400
4. Microwave tortillas in a stack between 2 moist paper towels to soften – about 30 seconds
5. Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas and roll up (bottom and tops, then sides. Place seam side down on baking sheet coated with spray. Spray tops lightly with canola spray.
6. Bake 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile heat enchilada sauce. When enchiladas are lightly brown, remove and plate. Top with sauce and remaining cheese, cilantro and sour cream to taste.
Makes 6 servings. 365 calories per serving, 10 g fat (25% of calories), 36 g protein, 4 g fiber (without the sour cream)
- Great way to use left over chicken from a roasted chicken
- Healthy way to get your Mexican fix, you can round this out with some fat free refried beans on the side and\or a side salad