|1||Onion, finely chopped|
|1||Rib||Celery, finely chopped|
|1.5||Lbs||Lean ground beef|
|2||Large||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|½||Cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|½||t||Fresh ground pepper|
- Cook quinoa per package directions. Drain if necessary and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- Saute onion, carrots and celery and Italian seasoning in oil on medium heat until tender, about 7 minutes. Add to quinoa to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients, except ketchup. Mix together until just combined.
- Push into greased cupcake pan to form 12 cupcakes. Top each with ketchup. Cook at 375 for 12 – 25 minutes (until instant read thermometer reads 160F).
Alternately, you can form into 2 mini loaves (20-35 minutes) or 1 large loaf (45-55 minutes).
Nutrition: (per serving; 1/6 of recipe) 360 cal, 27 g pro, 20 g carb, 2 g fiber, 19.5 g fat, 7 g sat fat, 564 mg sodium
- Great alternative to old fashioned meatloaf with high protein quinoa
- The cupcakes option makes cooking meatloaf fast.