|3||Boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz each)|
|1||Cup||Reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1||Oz||Snyder White Tortilla chips|
1. Spray crockpot with nonstick spray
2. Place chicken in crockpot
3. Mix together lime juice and chili powder, spread evenly over chicken
4. Cook on low 5 – 6 hours.
5. Shred chicken and put back in crock pot with salsa and corn. Cook another 45 minutes.
6. Put in taco shells with cheese – or make nacho style over tortilla chips
Nutrition: Makes 6 servings. 258 calories per serving; 5 g fat, 39 g protein (using the Snyder White Corn Tortilla chips)
- This chicken seems like it would be dry but its not! Moist flavorful, lean protein!
- Salsa is a good source of antioxidant lycopene
- So easy and versatile
- The chicken alone (before adding salsa) is very flavorful and moist, I think I will try is as a fajita chicken along with sautéed onions and bell peppers. Add salsa into the fajita.
- Use fat free greek yogurt instead of sour cream – its just as satisfying with more protein and no fat
- Can be an appetizer or makes a meal with a side dish of refried beans or add canned black beans into nachos\tacos